VIPRION 4480 is a chassis based, more powerful, and more fault tolerant appliance that top of the line (TMOS®) BIP IP i15000 series (i15600 and i15800) – but it’s still BIG-IP at the core.
Viprion 4480 chassis runs on four B4300 blades, added redundancy, scaling, performance.
Combined four VIPRION 4300 blades have the ability to work together as a super powerful cluster, distributing the load of a single virtual server over four blades. Not only does this increase capacity to 320Gb and the ability to scale, it also provides redundancy in the event of a blade failure.
Overview of F5 Networks Viprion 4480
- VIPRION 4480 with 4300 blades supports 144M concurrent connections with 320Gbps of L4 throughput.
- SSL performance, advanced FPGAs, CPUs, and memory that handles and efficiently addresses enterprise data center, private cloud, and software-defined networking (SDN) needs.
- Layer-4 centric workloads like CGNAT and traffic management, users can select an optimized performance profile that approximately doubles the throughput to 155Gbps.
The On-Demand Application Delivery Controller
- Each F5 VIPRION platform is a single, powerful Application Delivery Controller (ADC)
- Modular performance blades you can add or remove without disrupting users or applications.
- Reduce costs
- Maximize performance
- Consolidate devices
- Achieve ultimate reliability
- Increase Intelligence, Not Operating Costs
As your infrastructure grows and requires more power for layer 4 and layer 7 processing, SSL, compression, and more, you can simply add a blade to the VIPRION chassis and it will start processing traffic automatically. Whether you’re using one blade, four blades, or eight blades, VIPRION remains one device with fixed management costs.
Intelligent Performance Where It Matters
Traditional performance measurements in terms of throughput don’t accurately represent the complex needs of delivering modern web applications. Connection capacity and L7 transactions per second are critical. For instance, ADCs must be able to process high levels of layer 4 and layer 7 connections and make application-layer decisions such as removing sensitive information or transforming application-specific payloads. BIG-IP appliances have the intelligence and performance to handle application layer decisions while securing your data and infrastructure.
Simplify Your Network
VIPRION can help you simplify your network by offloading servers and consolidating devices, saving management costs as well as power, space, and cooling in the data center.
With VIPRION’s massive performance and scalability, you can reduce the number of Application Delivery Controllers you need to deliver even the most demanding applications. By offloading computationally intense processes, VIPRION significantly reduces the number of application servers you need.
Maximize Large-Scale Application and Firewall Performance
Achieve Ultimate Reliability
In a VIPRION system with multiple blades, you can remove a blade without disruption. The other blades will instantly take over the processing load. You can also deploy VIPRION in an active/standby configuration to add another level of redundancy. The chassis is built with redundant power supplies and field swappable components. This multi-layered redundancy significantly reduces the possibility of downtime.